The durable APO-Televid 65 is built to deliver optical excellence dependably through thick and thin. The scope’s body and eyepiece are nitrogen-filled – independently of each other – and waterproof up to 17ft (5m). The automatic eyepiece lock on the new bayonet system ensures that the eyepiece is held firmly in place. The Leica dual-focus system is also reinforced by an additional crosspiece. The full rubber protective armouring of the robust magnesium housing fits comfortably in your hand, absorbs shocks effectively and guarantees silent viewing. On all APO models, an optically neutral front lens glass additionally protects the sensitive APO optic from harsh weather conditions.
The key benefits of the APO-Televid 65:
- innovative four part, new flouride glass lenses for excellent colour fidelity and contrast
- straight and angled viewing options
- precise focusing delivered via the dual focus system with microfocusing
- shortest focal length in its class of 9.8ft (only 3m)
- with water and dust repellent AquaDuraTM coating
- highly robust and durable because of the rubber amoured magnesium housing
- waterproof to a depth of 17ft (5m)
- compact size and lightweight
For the first time, a unique variable wide-angle eyepiece now complements the eyepiece range. Its performance data speaks for itself : 25 – 50 x WW ASPH with a subjective field of view of more than 60° across the entire zoom range. Consequently, Leica enables viewing experiences which are unique on this scale.
The newly developed interchangeable bayonet system has an integrated, automatic eyepiece lock, which fixes all eyepieces securely to the scope. Thanks to the entirely new construction of the optical system, the eyepiece’s focal length is now also independent of the 65 mm or 82 mm scope being used, and is retained when the eyepieces are changed. The eyepiece has new, rubberised function elements and comfortable rotating eyecups, which significantly increases comfort when viewing. As a result, the eyepiece is particularly good to get hold of and also easy to handle when wearing gloves. The eyepiece is also waterproof up to 17ft (5m) plus, to maintain peak performance and prevent fogging, it is nitrogen filled.