This Privacy notice explains what to expect when Viking Optical Ltd collects and uses your personal information. Please read it carefully. A version of this privacy notice is available on our website.
If you’d like to learn more about our Data Protection and Privacy Policies or get further clarification, please contact us.
Address: Viking Optical Ltd
Suffolk IP19 8EN
Phone: 01986 875315
Viking Optical Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) during and after your working relationship with us.
We are committed to holding your personal information in accordance with data protection law which ensures that the data we hold about you must be:
- (i) Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- (ii) Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is. incompatible with those purposes
- (iii) Relevant to the purpose we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- (iv) Accurate and kept up to date.
- (v) Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- (vi) Kept securely.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Personal identifiers such as your title & name.
- Contact details including postal address, postcode, email and telephone number.
- Financial information such as your bank or card details.
- Products and services you hold with us, as well as have been interested in and have held in the past
- The usage of our products and services, website and any claims or complaints made.
- Profile data such as username, password, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
GDPR recognises some information as ‘sensitive personal data’. This includes, but is not limited to, information which reveals health issues, race or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and your religious or political beliefs.
If Viking Optical Ltdis required to obtain this data, itwill always treat any sensitive personal data we process with the greatest care and process the information in accordance with the GDPR.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
1. Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services, such as:
a) Assessing an order or enquiry or request for a quotation for a product or service including considering the price, the payment methods available and any conditions attached.
b) Managing products and services you purchase from us.
c) Sharing your personal information with business partners and services providers where necessary to deliver the product.
d) All stages and activities relevant to managing the product or service including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts, warranties and guarantees.
2. Whereit is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as:
a) Managing your products and services, updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate).
b) To perform and/or test the performance of our products, services and internal processes.
c) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
d) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting.
e) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff.
f) To administer our good governance requirements such as internal reporting and compliance obligations or administration required.
g) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations.
3. To comply with our legal obligations
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Viking Optical Ltdgroup of companies for marketing purposes.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Viking Optical Ltdwill only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR INFORMATION RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The rightto be informedabout the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurateand to haveincomplete personal information completed
- The rightto objectto processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processingof your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased(the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request accessto your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information(“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular to data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us using the details above to exercise these rights.
REPORTING CONCERNS OR COMPLIMENTS
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about Viking Optical Ltd’shandling of your personal information, or compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Viking Optical Ltdwill review this privacy notice regularly and may update it at any time for example, in the event of changes in law or how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are significant changes in the way we process your personal information we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send you a notification.